Current job opportunities with the ESCP
Coastal Technician/Surveyor Apprentice
Level: Grade B - £17,007 - £17,688* *pay award pending for 2019/20
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and motivated apprentice to join the ESCP. This is a unique and interesting apprenticeship within the Operations Team focused on civil engineering, inspections and surveying along our coastline. The chosen candidate will become an integral part of our team and will assist officers with a variety of field based and office-based tasks.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, good time management as well as showing attention to detail. You will enjoy working outdoors in all weathers, be environmentally aware and have confidence in your ability to find solutions to problems.
This apprenticeship will be facilitated by the Southampton Solent University on a day release commencing in September 2020. The position is based in various locations but primarily at Havant Borough Council’s, Southmoor Depot in Havant.
Professional & Technical Accountabilities:
- To be trained as an assistant surveyor and will become an important member of our Geomatics Division (survey team).
- To be trained to assist with asset inspections of sea defences around the Partnership area and also in the writing up of asset inspection notes (AIN) back in the office.
- To be trained in the use of CAD to produce engineering drawings by one of our in-house users.
- To be given the opportunity to attend site with Coastal Engineers. This is likely to be as part of beach recycling projects as well as other maintenance projects.
Competencies/Skills & Knowledge
- Competent Level
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to prioritise work tasks
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work from own initiative
- Good keyboard skills
- Time management Communication skills
Following the completion of this Apprenticeship the candidate will have obtained the qualification from college and be in a strong position to pursue a career as a Civil Engineering Technician/Surveyor (or similar) within the civil engineering industry. The opportunity for further study may also become available with the broad range of experience gained during the placement fulfilling chosen course criteria.
Join Our Team
Here at the ESCP we are always on the look out for new talent to join our team and for those who are as excited about coastal engineering as we are – people with skills ranging from civil engineering right through to communications and collaboration; it all counts and we’re interested!
We will plan to advertise any vacancies here including casual work experience opportunities. If you would like to learn more about work experience opportunities here at ESCP please email us at email@example.com.