Flood Risk Assessments

Flood Risk Assessments (FRA) are used to help inform planners about the impacts of potential development sites within Flood Risk Zones. Any developer or individual would need to undertake an FRA as part of their planning application to the relevant planning authority.

You can access useful information about when an FRA is required and what it should include on the Environment Agency’s Flood Standing Advice website. Please use the related links section of this page.

The submission of a Flood Risk Assessment does not automatically mean that your development will be acceptable in terms of the risk of flooding, either to the property itself or to neighbouring properties. Some types of development are particularly vulnerable to flooding and would be unlikely to gain planning permission if proposed in an area where flood risk is very high.

Useful information about flood risk across south Hampshire can also be found on the Partnership for Urban South Hampshire Strategic Flood Risk Assessment Website (PUSH SFRA). To find out more please use the related links section of this page.

We are on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube! Follow or like us for up to date facts, videos and pictures

Please click on the links below to find us...

Facebook Logo Twitter Logo Eastern Solent CP YouTube channel