COME AND HELP SHAPE YOUR SEAFRONT
The Southsea Coastal Scheme is responsible for delivering new flood defences along 4.5km of seafront, from Old Portsmouth to Eastney. Our aim is to create new defences that embrace everything we all love about the seafront, whilst reducing the risk of flooding to over 8000 homes and businesses in Southsea for the next century.
The work will transform the seafront for future generations alongside protecting the heritage that is so important to the people of Portsmouth. We also want to help stimulate further regeneration in Southsea and create a more vibrant place for residents, businesses and visitors alike.
Following our engagement events at the end of last year, we are going to be out and about across the city in July holding a new series of consultation events on our emerging designs. These will be held at:
- EASTNEY COMMUNITY CENTRE: 4 July, 1pm-7pm
- CANOE LAKE TENNIS PAVILION: 6 July, 1.30pm- 7.30pm
- ASPEX GALLERY: 10 July, 1pm-7pm
- ANCHORAGE PARK COMMUNITY CENTRE: 11 July, 3pm-7pm
- ST JUDE’S CHURCH: 12 July, 1pm-7pm
- COSHAM COMMUNITY CENTRE: 16 July, 3pm-7pm
- ROYAL NAVAL CLUB & ROYAL ALBERT YACHT CLUB: 17 July, 1pm-7pm
- FRATTON COMMUNITY CENTRE: 20 July,1pm-7pm
All the consultation materials, along with the survey, are available on the website here.